You need a plumber, and you find an advertisement that offers professional technical service plumbing for “only a few dollars.” You call them, and you hire them, but at the end of the service, it cost you more than what was advertised. When you try to argue that the ad says that for “only a few dollars” they will tell you that it is only because of the visit and to go to the call and does not include the workforce or the depth meters where the plumbing blockage was. Does this kind of situation sound familiar to you? If it does, then you should recognize it. It is just one example of plumbing frauds, and there are a lot more out there. If you would like to try and protect yourself from these scams, then you have come to the right place. Here are a few tips that should help you out, especially if you need help with a plumbing problem.
- Always agree on the price of labor or the complete work when calling and requesting the service.
- Also, make sure that the job is insured in case something goes wrong later.
- Obtain an estimate before starting any work, including emergency service.
- Ask about surcharges for things like emergency hours, mileage or service when you call before you commit to doing the work.
- If the price of plumbing service on site does not match the estimate by phone, do not allow them to do the work.
- Professional and legitimate plumbers will arrive in a vehicle marked with the name of the company.
- If you are in an immediate situation that requires that you need to have the plumbing fixed right away, such as when you have a burst pipe, most professional plumbing companies will already have the tools necessary to fix it. Legitimate companies will help you fix this kind of emergency plumbing problem.
- Write down the number of the plumbing company closest to your home on your mobile phone, so when you need them, you will not have to do last minute searches and take surprises.
Now in winter and the rainy season is when these forms of extortion or scams happen most, be sure to share this information with your family and friends so that the same thing does not happen to them.
You should also try and inform other people and the authorities if you come across a dubious plumber. First of all, we must remember the importance of making a complaint to the authorities if it is believed that they have been victims of one of the situations explained below. You can also look online at what others have said about reviews on these plumbing hardware shop in singapore. You can get a good idea of the general profile of the plumbing service from reading those reviews. These are the profile of the scammer and the procedure used by the criminals to perform two of the most frequent scams currently. And by reading feedback from other customers, you will get a good idea of whether or not you should even hire that particular plumber.